Improve your mood and bounce back from mental health issues using skills drawn from evidence-based treatments such as Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Mindfulness, Meta-Cognitive Therapy, Schema Therapy, and Solution-focused therapy.
We can help you to bounce back in the following areas:
- Stress and coping with significant life changes
- Anxiety (Panic, Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, Social Anxiety, Worrying, Phobias)
- Depression (including bipolar depression and postnatal depression)
- Eating Disorders
- Low self-esteem and poor body image
- Problematic alcohol use
We help you build skills to achieve at work in the following ways:
- Manage productivity by applying skills to organise your work flow
- Communicate effectively in teams including addressing workplace conflict and managing public speaking anxiety
- Achieve work/life balance through skills like stress management, mindfulness, and building resilience
Modern-day life can be challenging and filled with many commitments. To help make things a bit less chaotic we can help you to:
- Get a snapshot of your life and understanding where the 'stress points' lie
- Prioritise your goals so that you work towards what you really want in life rather than getting side tracked
- Develop skills to help you become more effective, including time management, goal-setting, and problem-solving
- Address psychological hurdles such as perfectionism and procrastination that may hold you back
Learn skills to enhance your communication and improve your friendships, romantic relationships, and family relationships (including parenting). We draw on skills from Cognitive Behaviour Therapy and Emotion-focused Couples Therapy to help you to:
Develop skills for healthy long-term relationships
Prepare for cohabitation, marriage, and parenthood
Identify and break unhelpful relationship patterns
Communicate assertively in relationships
Change unhelpful beliefs and expectations that are impacting on your relationship
Manage issues of trust and infidelity
Tune in to what's really going on in your relationship and with your partner rather than operating from assumptions
Life as student can get pretty challenging, so let us help you to:
- Build sound study habits and learn effective time management skills
- Prepare for exams and manage exam anxiety
- Learn skills to manage other aspects of student life including teamwork, relationships, and life goals
- Address psychological barriers to succeeding as a student including self-doubt, perfectionism and procrastination
Get more out of your life by building skills to enhance your happiness and wellbeing. We draw on skills in the areas of Positive Psychology, Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy to help you live a more meaningful life aligned with your values.
We also focus on building resilience as a core skill to help you thrive in life and bounce back from challenges that you may face, enabling you to live your life without being held back by emotional roadblocks.
Want a healthier life? To be more fit? Lose weight? Exercise more? Quit smoking? Cut down on your drinking?
We all make goals to improve our physical health, but often find that these best intentions fall down after some time. Increase your chances of making sustainable changes by:
- Making a realistic plan for change for weight management, exercising, quitting smoking, and decreasing alcohol use
- Developing a healthy mindset by identifying and changing the emotional triggers that sabotage your efforts
Just for the fun of it we’ll throw in some fascinating psychology-related tidbits. Topics we look at include the psychology behind building skills, different types of psychological treatments, as well as up-to-date findings on the areas that we help you to build skills in.